February 27, 2012

Reading List Update



1. Your One-Year-Old: The Fun-Loving, Fussy 12-To 24-Month-Old 
2. The Invention of Hugo Cabret
3. The 10 Habits of Happy Mothers: Reclaiming Our Passion, Purpose, and Sanity*
4. I Feel Bad About My Neck: And Other Thoughts On Being a Woman
5. Loving the Little Years: Motherhood in the Trenches
6. The Husband Project: 21 Days of Loving Your Man--on Purpose and with a Plan
7. Rekindling the Romance: Loving the Love of Your Life
8. One of Us Must Be Crazy. . .and I'm Pretty Sure It's You: Making Sense of the Differences That Divide Us
9. Have a New You by Friday: How to Accept Yourself, Boost Your Confidence & Change Your Life in 5 Days
10. The Money Saving Mom's Budget: Slash Your Spending, Pay Down Your Debt, Streamline Your Life, and Save Thousands a Year
11. Calm My Anxious Heart: A Woman's Guide to Finding Contentment
12. Yes!: 50 Scientifically Proven Ways to Be Persuasive
13. Influence: Science and Practice
14. Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream
15. Networking Magic: Find the Best - from Doctors, Lawyers, and Accountants to Homes, Schools, and Jobs
16. Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God
17. The Chronicles of Harris Burdick: Fourteen Amazing Authors Tell the Tales
18. Wonderstruck
19. Daisy Fay and the Miracle Man: A Novel
20.168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think
21. Fool: A Novel
22. A Prayer for Owen Meany
23. I Never Promised You a Rose Garden: A Novel
24. The Help
*Did not finish

I started and got more than half-way through The 10 Habits of Happy Mothers, renewing it from the library once. I just could not get through this book! I want to get through 24 books in one year, but with the limited time for reading I have, I've decided if I'm not enjoying the book after giving it a fair chance, I'm not going to waste time reading it. I feel like The 10 Habits of Happy Mothers was written for mothers of older children, like 8-13ish, but she was unsuccessfully trying to make it relateable to everyone. In my opinion. She had good points, but this book just wasn't for me.
I returned The 10 Habits of Happy Mothers to the library today and got I Feel Bad About My Neck: And Other Thoughts On Being a Woman. I read the first chapter while waiting to see my chiropractor and was cracking up in the waiting room. I think I'm going to like this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment