February 27, 2012

Resolutions: How I'm doing

It's been almost two full months since I decided on my goals/resolutions for 2012. I wanted to give an update of how I'm going to far:

Read the Bible through: I am happy to report this is going very well! I started a reading plan with an app on my iPod called "Eat This Book." It's 2-4 chapters a day plus one Psalm. I'm on Exodus 38 and Psalm 28. I'm already further than I've ever gotten in previous attempts!

Finish projects I start (including wedding book and Aiden's baby book): I'm doing decently with this. When I start getting scatter-brained and doing too many things at once, I remember this goal and focus on one thing until it's done. I haven't gone back to other projects yet. But I still have time, right?

Read at least two chapters from a book per day: I was doing pretty good with this in January, but with my previous book selection it was hard for me to find the motivation to read. I was reading the Bible and going to sleep :(  Hopefully with my latest book choice the motivation will return.

Read at least 24 books: I've completed 2, and working on 2 right now.

Be in bed by 9pm 5x a week: I think I might be in bed by nine, on average, once a week. I'm pretty good at getting in bed by 9:30, but I still want to get it down to 9.

Wake up by 7:30 5x a week: Aiden helps me with this one :0)  I'm hoping once it gets warmer I can get up and go jogging with him in the stroller. We shall see.

Exercise at least 30 min per day 5x a week: I bought Just Dance 3 and have been doing the "Just Sweat" program for 35-45 minutes 3-4 times a week. Not up to 5 yet, but...that's why it's a goal!

Not have the tv on while Aiden is awake, except for the Today show and Nightly News with Brian Williams: Embarrassing as it is, this isn't going well. It's fine until 4:30...when Jeopardy comes on. Then it's on, some nights, until bed. Very ashamed of myself!! 

Do daily chores: This is going pretty well. I'll try to do a post on my chore list soon.

Budget budget budget: Ah, the worst for last! Our budgeting skills stink, guys. Like, bad. Hopefully, after we get all this new tax gross-migraine-anxiety business done (yay self-employment! hmph.), we can figure this budget stuff out (and yes, we've been through financial peace). 'Cause we need it. Badly.

So that's how I've been doing. How are your goals/resolutions coming?

No comments:

Post a Comment